The NMHC’s broad definition of a maternity housing provider eligible for membership is "any organization that provides housing as part of their life-affirming mission." This includes:
- Groups/organizations which operate a home(s)
- Groups/organization which supervise those in beds or apartments for pregnant and parenting mothers and children.
- Families which take in pregnant/parenting mothers and babies under the supervision of an outside agency.
- Programs which supervise and/or offer counsel to mothers with babies before and/or after birth within their independent living situation.
- Other programs may be included if directly supporting the development of maternity housing providers, with approval from the Leadership Council team.
Membership within the Coalition is open to any organization that provides housing as part of their life-affirming mission. To achieve membership, must fulfill the following requirements: